Did you know? Some 35.5 million people face hunger every day in America, including 13 million children? Here are two easy ways your family can help.
“Stamp Out Hunger” Letter Carriers’ Food Drive
Just bag up non-perishable items (the post office requests no glass jars) and put them by your mail box this Saturday 5/14. Letter carriers in the Bay Area and more than 10,000 cities across the US will pick them up and deliver them to a local food bank. Most-needed foods include: cereal, noodles, canned tuna, meats, and soups/stews.
It’s a cause close to our hearts. Simran and I have both had the chance to see first-hand the incredible work that the San Francisco Food Bank does each and every day. They get food to those who need it most by partnering with than 400 local nonprofit partners who run programs ranging from food pantries, and soup kitchens, to senior and children’s programs. In addition to supporting this one-day food drive, you can also:
- make a monetary donation
- volunteer (ages 4 and up!)
- eat at Mission Chinese Food (they donate 75 cents for every entree to the San Francisco Food Bank)
- San Francisco Food Bank website
- 18 Reasons, 18th Street at Guerrero (10am-6pm)
- Kiehl’s, Fillmore Street at Clay (noon to 4pm)
- San Francisco Food Blogger Bake Sale Info