An inspiring event that will be much enjoyed by the little ones. Blue grass band, delicious food, garden tours and prizes to be won. Your kids will want to start a garden of their own…which may or may not be a good thing….
Greens, Eggs & Jam Garden Brunch
Come and experience Urban Sprouts – By cultivating school gardens in San Francisco’s under-served neighborhoods, Urban Sprouts partners with youth and their families to build eco-literacy, equity, wellness, and community.
- Tour one of Urban Sprouts’ school gardens, Ida B. Wells.
- Taste a delicious brunch created by chefs from NOPA, Radio Africa & Kitchen, and Contigo Restaurants featuring some ingredients from the school garden.
- Meet folks from Urban Sprouts, including staff and board members
- Hear from the youth as they share their first-hand experiences about the impact Urban Sprouts has had on their lives.
- Watch some youth chefs in action as they cook some delicious foods inspired by the garden.
- Enjoy some live folk music, and get a chance to win some fabulous foodie prizes, including gift certificates for NOPA restaurant, Blue Bottle Coffee, and a 1 year membership at 18 Reasons!
Support Urban Sprouts’ work by bringing friends, co-workers and family (kids are very welcome). And bring your checkbook! You will be invited to give – no gift is too small.
Get your free tickets at Eventbrite