The first anything always holds a special place. Our first guest post is particularly special – it comes all the way from Singapore from a high school friend I have not had contact with since we graduated. Facebook and food reunited us and it’s hard to not get the warm fuzzies about it. It suddenly feels like the world is not such a big place, Singapore not so far away and that really not that much time has passed….
Salmon Broccoli Pasta
By Hui Ping Ho
This is one of those “save-the-day” one-pot dishes that I can always rely on when my pantry is low on supplies. Quick and healthy with the omega-3 from the salmon and the anti-oxidants from the broccoli. I also get to satisfy the constant whining from Benjamin: ‘Mama, I want to eat noodles; Mama I want to eat noodles….’ You get the idea…for Benjamin anything that is not rice, is noodles, so use any kind of pasta!
- Cook pasta in salted water per directions on package
- Microwave salmon with butter (1 tbsp of butter with about 12 oz of salmon) or pan-fry in butter. Flake salmon with a fork.
- Steam broccoli (yes, in the microwave as well or steamer)
- Dice garlic, cut up onions (onions are optional but they really add to the flavor of the dish). Dice the red chili if using.
- Heat up the wok real hot (I confess – I use the wok for pasta…)
- Pour in olive oil (1-2 tbsp) and throw in garlic (onions & chili if using)
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper according to taste (use sparingly for the little ones)
- Then add pasta, salmon and broccoli
- Stir fry for a bit (2-3 minutes) and serve
And that’s it! 🙂