- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
(Note: For a very tasty but slightly less gingery cookie, we omit the fresh ginger and use 1/4 cup of crystallized ginger.)
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl. Beat in the molasses and then the egg.
- Sift the flour, ground ginger, baking soda and salt together. Stir into the butter mixture with a wooden spoon until blended. Add the fresh and crystallized gingers and stir until well mixed.
- Refrigerate the dough, covered, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease cookie sheets.
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls and place about 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets. Bake until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
Yield: 3 1/2 to 4 dozen cookies.
The GIVEAWAY: – “Fed Up With Frenzy: Slow Parenting in a fast Moving World” by Susan Sachs Lipman. To enter, leave a comment at the end of this post tellling us about your family’s favorite ways to slow down and reconnect. Be sure to include your email address in the space provided on the comment form (it’ll be visible only to us) so we can contact you if you win. The giveaway will be open until 12:00 midnight PST Monday, October 15th, 2012. We’ll select a lucky winner using random.org and announce the winner here on the blog.
* * * * * * * * * *
MORE WAYS TO WIN – Because this book is so great and we know you’re going to want a copy, we’ve included a few other ways to win. We’ll give you an additional contest entry for each of the following, up to 4 entries total per person. To register your additional giveaway entries, please let us know that you liked/followed/subscribed in your comment or already do so. Please leave the comment on our blog and not on our Facebook page or Twitter.
- Like A Little Yumminess on Facebook or let us know that you already like us.
- Follow @alittleyum on Twitter or let us know that you already follow us.
- Subscribe to A Little Yumminess (use the subscription form in the top right corner), or let us know that you already subscribe
Good luck and thanks for participating! Open to US and Canada residents only.