We’re so excited that it’s time to start thinking about our A Little Yumminess Around the World summer camp, one of our favorite parts of the year. Registration is now open and we expect slots to fill up fast, so do sign up right away if you’re interested. We are almost half-full already from early registration for returning campers with several campers coming back for the third time!!
We’re bringing back our popular “Cooking Around the World” camp for younger kids during which we’ll visit a different country each day and cook our own snacks and lunch. We’ll also have time for some crafts, kitchen science and other food and culture and community service-related activities. It’s always amazing to see what kids, even this young, can do in the kitchen and how much energy and creativity they bring to the final dishes that we make together. We’re devoting two sessions this summer to a slightly new format for older kids (entering 3rd through 5th). We’ve picked “Great Cities” as our theme and our campers will not only be learning about and cooking food from around the world, they will be planning and executing the menu from start to finish. In addition to hands-on cooking, they’ll have the chance to choose the menu, plan and shop. It’s going to be great fun and we having a blast developing the curriculum.
We’ve put much thought into creating the kind of camp that we’d love to send our own kids to, so we keep our camps small in size (maximum 21 campers) and teach each camp ourselves with the help of our trusted and experienced staff along with a few amazing junior counselors (to find out about our junior counselor program for kids entering 7th grade and up, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Throughout the week we will also have guest presenters including our favorite folks from Bernal Cutlery who will lead a knife skills session and our dear friend, blogger and self-proclaimed curd-nerd Anya Soltero, who will lead a Cheese 101 session.
Here are basic details for all 3 sessions, please click over to our “camps” page for more information. We hope to see your young, budding cooks this summer!
- Time: 9am-3pm (early & extended care are not available)
- Cost: $475 per session ($425 + $50 materials fee, snacks and lunch provided each day)
- Location: Marin Preparatory School (Diamond at 18th Street in San Francisco)
- Session 1: 6/22/15 – 6/26/15 – Entering Grades 3-5, “Great Cities of the World: Paris, Tokyo, Barcelona, Rome, San Francisco” – Click here to register
- Session 2: 7/27/15 – 7/31/15 – Entering Grades 1-4, “Cooking Around the World: Italy, India, Middle East, Mexico, Hawaii” – Click here to register
- Session 3: 8/3/15 – 8/7/15 – Entering Grades 3-5, “Great Cities of the World: Paris, Tokyo, Barcelona, Rome, San Francisco” – Click here to register
If none of the sessions work for you this year – please email us at email@example.com and ask to be put on our mailing list for next year and other events throughout the year.