(written by Ria)
This recipe was inspired by my cousins Sohum and Vertika. I was sleeping over at their house and they recommended that I put peanut butter and bananas in my oatmeal. I considered this idea and it passed the test. I said, “Okay, let’s try it”.
After I took my first bite I thought, “Wow this is much better than I expected. Oh well, I think that I can make it better.” That is what motivated me to do change it and make my own version with chia seed peanut butter and chocolate chips 🙂 !!
Oatmeal with a Twist
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ cup of Quick Oats
- 1 banana
- 2 tablespoons of a nut butter of you choice
- As many chocolate chips as you would like
- Boil a cup of milk on the stovetop.
- Add ½ of your oats into your boiling milk.
- Let your oats stay in the pot for 1 minute. Stir occasionally.
- Put the oats in a bowl.
- Slice up the banana. (discs).
- Add the nut butter of your choice and the chocolate chips.