Do you love to cook? Are you a teamwork superstar? Are you looking for a chance to develop leadership skills while exploring cuisines around the world? A Little Yumminess is looking for counselors and junior counselors to be part of our summer camp team. You will help ensure a safe, positive experience for our campers, have the opportunity to help with cooking projects, and will provide important behind-the-scenes support. Learn more about our summer camps by clicking here.
Contact us if you are interested: email@example.com
Location: Noe Valley, SF
- Jun 17-21, 9am-3pm (entering 3rd-7th grades): Let’s Explore Mediterranean Cuisine
- Jun 24-28, 9am-3pm (entering 1st-4th grades): Let’s Explore Mediterranean Cuisine
- July 8-12, 9am-3pm (entering 5th-8th grades): A Week in France with Chef Zoé McLaughlin
- July 15-19, 9am-3pm (entering 4th-8th grades): Bay Area Eats with Chef Annelies Zijderveld
Work Hours: Monday-Friday: 8:15-3:30
Build leadership skills in a fun, hands-on cooking environment! Counselor Responsibilities:
- Support our teaching staff to ensure a safe, positive experience for all campers during cooking projects, recess and throughout the day.
- Help during cooking projects, supporting groups of campers as they practice a variety of cooking skills (from knife skills, to bread making, seasoning, following and developing recipes, and more!)
- Help with set-up, cooking prep, washing dishes, clean-up, camper check-in and dismissal.
- Share your cooking skills and knowledge and help get campers excited about the countries & cuisines we’re learning about.
- No experience is necessary but interest in cooking and experience working with kids K-8 is helpful.
- We will provide basic training on kitchen and food safety as well as culinary instruction throughout each camp .
- $150 for the week, no matter how many sessions/weeks you choose to do.